The aim of the project was to develop the NewBEE system, which enables SMEs to develop performance-based business models for energy-efficient construction work, especially for retrofitting buildings.
The key features of the NewBEE system were as follows.
– Assistance in identifying the best retrofit technology for each retrofit project.
– Assistance in identifying a business opportunity.
– Once a business opportunity is identified/developed, easy configuration/adaptation/implementation of new business models based on regional specifics (climate, legislation, etc.) and building/district typology.
– Calculate risk/value distribution throughout the value chain and promote win-win financing models for the public and private sectors, e.g. white certificates.
– Advising on the development of new business opportunities.
– Storage and reuse of knowledge gained.
More information under: https://cordis.europa.eu/result/rcn/181655_en.html